Why Choose Braces?
Braces—specifically metal braces—are the traditional form of orthodontic treatment that we’re all familiar with. Braces offer a time-tested and effective way of straightening a patient’s teeth through metal brackets and wires. Some of the benefits you’ll get by choosing braces include:
- Metal braces are the most effective at treating more complex orthodontic issues.
- The treatment time with metal braces is usually much faster.
- Metal braces are less expensive than other forms of orthodontic treatment.
- Because the braces are cemented onto your teeth, you’ll never have to worry about losing them.
- Braces also come in many different types, including the option of ceramic braces, a much more discreet form of orthodontic treatment.
Over time, metal braces have become more comfortable and streamlined to provide even faster results. Beyond, you get to have fun changing the colors of the bands over time!
Why Choose Invisalign?
Invisalign is the alternative to braces, using removable plastic aligners to shift teeth instead of the metal wires and brackets of braces. If you go with Invisalign as your orthodontic treatment of choice, you’ll be privy to the following benefits:
- The aligners for Invisalign are virtually invisible, which will allow you to have a completely discreet orthodontic treatment.
- Because Invisalign is removable, you won’t have to avoid any foods for fear that it may break your orthodontics.
- In addition, removing the aligners beforehand means that cleaning your teeth is just as simple as ever.
- The aligners are made of polyurethane plastic, allowing for more comfort than metal wires and brackets that may irritate your mouth.
- Your aligners can actually act as a night guard and protect your teeth from nighttime teeth grinding as well.
So Which Is Best?
Truthfully, while each form of orthodontic treatment has its clear advantages, there’s really no set answer as to which is the best option. The optimal treatment will vary from patient to patient, depending on their wants and needs. This is why it’s important to stop by our Fort Worth, TX Orthodontic office so Dr. Barron can determine which form of orthodontic treatment will suit you perfectly.
Contact Your Fort Worth, TX Orthodontist Today!
If you’re interested in getting a consultation to see which of our orthodontic treatments is right for you, we encourage you to give us a call at (817) 926-9777. Alternatively, you can fill out our appointment request form to schedule your appointment through our website. Please feel free to contact us if you have any comments or questions. We hope to hear from you soon and put you on the path toward a straighter and healthier smile!